How To Become Licensed
Missouri Real Estate Study Guides
The Missouri License Professor is Missouri's number one provider of high quality real estate knowledge designed to help YOU pass your Missouri real estate exam the first time. Explanations and feedback given by the Missouri License Professor is provided by real estate license instructors and professional realtors from across the United States. Many students have already aced their Missouri real estate exam by preparing with the Missouri License Professor.
Missouri state specific topics include:
- Licensing requirements
- Brokerage practices
- Property disclosures
- Accounting requirements
The Missouri License Professor covers all of the AMP necessary fundamentals of real estate, including brokerage relationships (agency), ethics, and trust accounts.
The Missouri License Professor Features:
- 3 interactive study methods (Learning, Exam, and Flash Card)
- 14 practice real estate license exams containing over 2100 questions
- Both state and national real estate exam questions
- Specific math and definition exams
- Real estate specific online dictionary with hundreds of terms phrases
Studying with the Missouri License Professor will:
- Increase your understanding of course material
- Improve your exam comfort, familiarity, and completion speed
- Start preparing immediately as there is no software to be delivered
- Work from home comfortably (slippers allowed): Study wherever and whenever you desire
- Have no need to attend expensive exam prep classes or real estate license school
The content for each Missouri real estate exam has been extensively planned out by the Missouri License Professor's editorial staff; professionals who teach real estate license courses all over MO. Through their valuable years of instructional experience they have created a series of practice tests that help future realtors prepare for their real estate exam. Don't set up to fail. Pass the real estate exam using the excellent practice exams and informative feedback that the Missouri License Professor's system provides.
The Missouri License Professor covers:
- Introduction to the Real Estate Business
- Real Property and the Law
- Concepts of Home Ownership
- Real Estate Brokerage
- Listing Agreements and Buyer Representation
- Interests in Real Estate
- Forms of Real Estate Ownership
- Legal Descriptions
- Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
- Real Estate Contracts
- Transfer of Title
- Title Records
- Real Estate Financing: Principles
- Real Estate Financing: Practice
- Property Management
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Land-Use Controls and Property Development
- Fair Housing and Ethical Practices
- Environmental Issues and Real Estate Transactions
- Closing the Real Estate Transaction
- Real Estate Math
- Missouri Law and Practice
Missouri Real Estate License Requirements
In Missouri, exams, licensing, and continuing education for real estate agents are governed by the Missouri Real Estate Commission.
There are two basic real estate licenses in Missouri, a salesperson's license and a broker's license. Generally, a salesperson's license allows the holder to sell real estate only under the auspices of a licensed broker. (Salesperson's licenses are generally what people refer to when they say they have a real estate license.)
Real Estate Salesperson's License
To be eligible for the salesperson examination, applicants must be 18 years of age and fulfill ONE of the following requirements:
- Earn a Certificate of Satisfactory Completion from a 60-hour salesperson course from a Missouri real estate school by the test date
- Be a licensed attorney
- Be granted a one-time sitting for the examination by the Missouri Real Estate Commission
- Qualify for a one-time sitting for the examination by having been actively licensed in another state as a salesperson or broker for 12 of the 18 months immediately preceding the test date
Real Estate Broker's License
To be eligible for the broker examination, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Pass the Missouri salesperson examination.
- Fulfill ONE of the following requirements:
a) Earn a Certificate of Satisfactory Completion from a 48-hour broker course from an accredited Missouri real estate school by the test date.
b) Hold an active Missouri salesperson license for 12 of the last 18 months immediately preceding the application for examination.
c) Be a licensed attorney.
d) Be granted a one-time sitting for the examination by the Missouri Real Estate Commission.
e) Qualify for a one-time sitting for the examination by having been actively licensed as a broker in another state for 12 of the 18 months immediately preceding the test date.