How To Become Licensed
Rhode Island Real Estate Study Guides
The Rhode Island License Professor is Rhode Island's number one provider of high quality real estate knowledge designed to help YOU pass your Rhode Island real estate exam the first time. Explanations and feedback given by the Rhode Island License Professor is provided by real estate license instructors and professional realtors from across the United States. Many students have already aced their Rhode Island real estate exam by preparing with the Rhode Island License Professor.
Rhode Island state specific topics include:
- Licensing requirements
- The Broker Relationships Act
- Property disclosures
- Advertising requirements
- Accounting requirements
The Rhode Island License Professor covers all of the Promissor (ASI) necessary fundamentals of real estate, including 1)Real property characteristics, definitions, ownership, restrictions, and transfer, 2)Assessing and explaining property valuation and the appraisal process 3)Contracts, agency relationships with buyers and sellers, and federal requirements 4)Financing the transaction and settlement 5)Leases, rents, and property management.
The Rhode Island License Professor Features:
- 3 interactive study methods (Learning, Exam, and Flash Card)
- 14 practice real estate license exams containing over 2100 questions
- Both state and national real estate exam questions
- Specific math and definition exams
- Real estate specific online dictionary with hundreds of terms phrases
Studying with the Rhode Island License Professor will:
- Increase your understanding of course material
- Improve your exam comfort, familiarity, and completion speed
- Start preparing immediately as there is no software to be delivered
- Work from home comfortably (slippers allowed): Study wherever and whenever you desire
- Have no need to attend expensive exam prep classes or real estate license school
The content for each Rhode Island real estate exam has been extensively planned out by the Rhode Island License Professors editorial staff; professionals who teach real estate license courses all over Rhode Island. Through their valuable years of instructional experience they have created a series of practice tests that help future realtors prepare for their real estate exam. Don't set up to fail. Pass the real estate exam using the excellent practice exams and informative feedback that the Rhode Island License Professor's system provides.
The Rhode Island License Professor covers:
- Introduction to the Real Estate Business
- Real Property and the Law
- Concepts of Home Ownership
- Real Estate Brokerage
- Listing Agreements and Buyer Representation
- Interests in Real Estate
- Forms of Real Estate Ownership
- Legal Descriptions
- Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
- Real Estate Contracts
- Transfer of Title
- Title Records
- Real Estate Financing: Principles
- Real Estate Financing: Practice
- Property Management
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Land-Use Controls and Property Development
- Fair Housing and Ethical Practices
- Environmental Issues and Real Estate Transactions
- Closing the Real Estate Transaction
- Real Estate Math
- Rhode Island Law and Practice
Rhode Island Real Estate License Requirements
Requirements for a real estate sales license
(Residents and Non-Residents)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must file a statement under oath on the application by a broker with a Rhode Island license in good standing attesting to the fact that the individual is competent and trustworthy and a suitable person to be licensed.
- Must have three references (legal residents) not related to the applicant that are property owners and have known the applicant for at least three years certifying to the applicant's good reputation for honesty and trustworthiness.
- Non-Residents must file an irrevocable power of attorney form for service of process. (Power of Attorney Form)
- Must successfully pass the real estate salesperson examination.
- Submit completed salesperson application
- For licenses issued on or after May1, 2008 through April 30, 2009 - $140.00 ($10.00 application and $130.00 license fee) payable to the RI General Treasurer. License valid through April 30, 2010.
For licenses issued on or after May 1, 2009 through April 30, 2010 - $75.00 ($10.00 application fee and $65.00 license fee) payable to the RI General Treasurer.
- $25.00 payable to the Real Estate Recovery Account.
Requirements for a real estate brokers license
(Residents and Non-Residents)
- Completed application
- $10.00 application fee
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be a legal resident of the United States
- Evidence of one-year full time experience as a salesperson prior to the date of the application. (A statement under oath by a broker on reverse of the application is acceptable evidence)
90 hours of classroom study in subjects related to real estate from an accredited college, university, or proprietary school licensed by the State of Rhode Island, or an equivalent course offered by the extension department of an accredited college or university.
- A 3-hour course in Lead Poisoning/ Lead Hazard Mitigation
- Study requirement shall be waived if he applicant possesses a baccalaureate degree with a major in real estate from an accredited college or university.
- Non-Residents must file an irrevocable power of attorney form for service of process.
(Power of Attorney Form)
- Must successfully pass the real estate broker examination
- Submit completed broker application
- $10.00 application fee Make check payable to:
Rhode Island General Treasurer
- Evidence of experience or transcripts of real estate education courses