How To Become Licensed
Washington Real Estate Study Guides
The Washington License Professor is the number one provider of high quality real estate knowledge designed to help you pass the Washington Real Estate Exam the first time. Explanations and feedback given by the Washington License Professor are provided by real estate license instructors and professional realtors from Seatle, Tacoma, and Vancouver. Thousands of students have already aced their Washington real estate exam by preparing with the Washington License Professor.
Washington state specific topics include:
- Licensing requirements
- The Broker Relationships Act
- Property disclosures
- Advertising and accounting requirements
The Washington License Professor covers all of the Promissor (ASI) necessary fundamentals of real estate, including
- Real property characteristics, definitions, ownership, restrictions, and transfer
- Assessing and explaining property valuation and the appraisal process
- Contracts, agency relationships with buyers and sellers, and federal requirements
- Financing the transaction and settlement
- Leases, rents, and property management
The Washington License Professor Features:
- 3 interactive study methods (Learning, Exam, and Flash Card)
- 14 practice real estate license exams containing over 2100 questions
- Both state and national real estate exam questions
- Specific math and definition exams
- Real estate specific online dictionary with hundreds of terms & phrases
Most people don't realize just how tough the Washington real estate exam is. Statistics show that nearly half of those that have written the Washington real estate exam fail on their first try! Studying with the Washington License Professor will dramatically improve your chances for success. It is as close to the actual Washington state exam as a future real estate student can get. This is the perfect way to build confidence for when it is time to write the exam for real.
Studying with the Washington License Professor will:
- Increase your understanding of course material
- Improve your exam comfort, familiarity, and completion speed
- Start preparing immediately as there is no software to be delivered
- Work from home comfortably (slippers allowed): Study wherever and whenever you desire
- Have no need to attend expensive exam prep classes or real estate license school
The content for each Washington real estate exam has been extensively planned out by the Washington License Professor's editorial staff; professionals who teach real estate license courses all over Washington. Through their valuable years of instructional experience they have created a series of practice tests that help future realtors prepare for their real estate exam. Don't set up to fail. Pass the WA real estate exam using the excellent practice exams and informative feedback that the Washington License Professor's system provides.
The Washington License Professor covers:
- Introduction to the Real Estate Business
- Real Property and the Law
- Concepts of Home Ownership
- Real Estate Brokerage
- Listing Agreements and Buyer Representation
- Interests in Real Estate
- Forms of Real Estate Ownership
- Legal Descriptions
- Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
- Real Estate Contracts
- Transfer of Title
- Title Records
- Real Estate Financing: Principles
- Real Estate Financing: Practice
- Property Management
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Land-Use Controls and Property Development
- Fair Housing and Ethical Practices
- Environmental Issues and Real Estate Transactions
- Closing the Real Estate Transaction
- Real Estate Math
- Washington Law and Practice
Washington Real Estate License Requirements
Real Estate Salesperson
To be licensed as a real estate salesperson, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Complete a 60 clock-hour course in real estate fundamentals. Clock hours must be completed within 5 years prior to application for examination.
- Obtain a Candidate Handbook, which contains the examination application. Have your school stamp and complete the required information on the Examination Application.
- Pass the examination. Those who pass the exam will receive information on how to apply for a license.
- Complete and submit the Real Estate Salesperson Application with the appropriate fee.
Real Estate Brokers
To be licensed as a real estate broker, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of full-time experience as a real estate salesperson in Washington or in another jurisdiction having comparable requirements.
- Complete 120 clock-hours of instruction in real estate including:
- 30 clock hours in real estate law
- 30 clock hours in brokerage management
- 30 clock hours in business management
- 30 clock hour in an approved elective course
- Obtain a Candidate Handbook, containing the Candidate Examination Document, from promissor.com, the Department of Licensing, or the course provider. Examination instructions provided in the handbook require brokers to verify 2 years of experience.
- Submit the completed Candidate Examination Document and proof of education.
- Pass the examination. Results are valid for 1 year from the date of passing the examination.
- Complete and submit the Real Estate Broker Application with the appropriate fee.